The CPSB has five committees namely:
1. Recruitment, Selection & Capacity Development Committee (RSCD)
2. Discipline, Ethics & Governance (DEG)
3. Human Resource Audit & Performance Management (HRAPM)
4. Finance and Information Assets (FIA)
5. Agenda and Implementation (AI)
The CPSB has five committees namely:
The functions of this committee broadly cover Recruitment, Selection & Capacity
Development. Detailed functions are outlined below:
Recruitment and Selection
- Develop and implement a county recruitment and selection policy.
- Review recruitment requests from departments.
- Advertise vacancies in high circulation print and electronic media.
- Record and file job applications received
- Prepare guiding notes and selection criteria.
- Undertake short-listing of the applicants.
- Schedule interviews and invitations of candidates.
- Prepare interview tool/questions.
- Constitute the interview panel and invite panelists.
- Undertake/guide the interviews.
- Prepare the interview report and final appointment list.
- Review and approve departmental structures.
- Review and approve job descriptions.
- Regularly update the applicants’ database.
- Collate and confirm the current staff establishment in all the departments in the County.
- Confirm employees to positions upon completion of the probation period and renew
employment contracts including casuals.
- Develop and implement Employee Promotion Policy.
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of the recruitment and selection process.
- Develop and submit quarterly reports to the Board on recruitment and selection.
- Evaluate the organizational structure of departments and advise on optimal staffing levels.
- Advise the County Government on redeployment and re-designations and transfer of services.
- Facilitate implementation of exit interviews.
- Partnering with professional bodies, institutions of learning, and other stakeholders on matters relevant to the recruitment and assessment in the public service.
- Advise the County Government on Training and Development.
- Advise the Chief Officers on the implementation of training and development policy.
- Approve long-term training courses in accordance with service regulations.
- Facilitate Training Needs Assessment (TNA) for the County Public Service.
- Advise County Government on development and implementation of mentorship,
volunteerism, and internship programs.
- Facilitate Training Needs Assessment (TNA) for the Board and secretariat.
- Determine training levy and facilitate the implementation.
- Approve all training for the Board and secretariat.
- Facilitate pre-retirement training programs.
The functions of this committee broadly cover disciplinary control, ethics and governance and employee relations. Detailed functions are outlined below:
- Develop a discipline manual and facilitate its implementation.
- Investigate and advise the Board on all disciplinary cases.
- Follow up on the decisions of the Board on disciplinary matters.
Ethics and Governance
- Promotion of the values and principles in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution in the public service.
- Promotion of good governance, ethics and integrity in the public service in accordance with Public Officer Ethics Act (POEA) and Leadership and Integrity Act.
- Evaluating and preparing report to the President and Parliament on public service compliance with values and principles provided under Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Investigating, monitoring and evaluating the organization, administration and personnel practices of the public service.
- Participate in maintaining industrial peace and harmony in the County.
- Facilitate negotiations between the County Government and the trade unions for terms and conditions of service for unionisable staff.
- Advise the County Government on industrial relations and Labour Laws.
- Promote efficiency and productivity in the County Public Service through healthy industrial relations.
- Ensure diversity, inclusiveness and equity at the work place as per article 10 (2) (b) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Advise County Government on OSHA, WIBA, Labour Relations Act 2007, Employment Act 2007 and Labour Institutions Act 2007.
The functions of this committee broadly cover human resource planning, performance management and employee relations. Detailed functions are outlined below:
Human Resource Planning
- Facilitate the development and implementation of an Integrated Human Resource plan for the County Public Service.
- Liaise with the other committees for the purpose of information and consultations.
- Develop and regularly update the county HR database.
- Advise and coordinate County Human Resource planning.
- Liaise closely with the County Secretary and Head of County Public Service on HRM issues.
- To achieve best practices by Bench marking with the Public Service Commission of Kenya and other commissions and organizations on Human Resource Management.
- Make recommendations to SRC on remunerations, pensions and gratuities for County public service employees.
- Advice the County Government on performance contracting.
- Review the performance management tools and roll out for implementation.
- Facilitate staff to have work plans and performance targets.
- Ensure mid and end year performance reviews are carried out across the county.
- Report to the Board on all matters relating to performance management.
The functions of this committee broadly cover financial management and information on Board assets. Detailed functions are outlined below:
1. General financial oversight
2. Financial planning and budgeting
3. Financial reporting
4. Procurement of goods and services
5. Asset register
6. Control of fixed assets
The functions of this committee broadly cover implementation of Board agenda. Detailed functions are outlined below:
- Monitor implementation of Board agenda.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the Board Strategic plans.
- Coordinate and monitor the development and implementation of annual plans.
- Submit quarterly monitoring reports to the Board.